Spaghetti alla CarbonaraAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 300g spaghetti
- 120g pancetta, cut into 1 – 1 ½ cm dice
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 100g freshly grated parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and sauté the pancetta until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks, most of the parmesan and some pepper in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Add about 200ml of the cooking liquid to the eggs and whisk together.
- Tip the spaghetti into the pan.
- Add the pancetta, toss in the egg mix and heat gently. The eggs will emulsify to a creamy sauce.
- To serve add the remaining parmesan and more black pepper.