This is a recipe from Paul Callaghan author of ‘Calso Cooks Real Food Made Easy’.
SPICED FRENCH TOAST WITH WALNUTS, BLUEBERRIES AND MAPLE SYRUPAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 medium eggs
- 40ml skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- A small handful of walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Rapeseed oil
- 4 slices of good wholegrain bread
- 100g blueberries – fresh or frozen ones that have been thawed
- Maple syrup (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl lightly whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon, then set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat and toast the walnuts for a few minutes, then set these aside in a spare bowl.
- Add a splash of rapeseed oil to the pan and increase the heat to high. Dip both sides of a slice of the bread into the egg mixture, letting it soak in well. Cook in the hot pan for 1–2 minutes on either side and repeat this for the four slices, keeping them warm when cooked in a medium heated oven.
- Serve the French toast with the chopped walnuts, blueberries and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.