Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Smokey Barbecue Spices – These tasty sweet potato “fries” are flavoured with a delicious smoky barbeque spice mix, and as they’re baked, are definitely a healthy option. These are particularly appealing to kids when made curly with a spiral veggie slicer.
Sweet Potato FriesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean and patted dry
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp mild chilli powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6
- Use a spiral vegetable slicer to cut sweet potato into curly spirals using the large spiral attachment. Alternatively, cut into regular skinny fry slices with a sharp knife.
- Spread sweet potato out onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, about 2-3 tbsp. Toss lightly to coat the sweet potato. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, gently tossing sweet potato halfway through baking. The sweet potato will be tender and the ends will start to crisp up and become charred.
- While the fries are baking, combine all spices and seasonings together in a small bowl and toss until well combined. Once the fries have finished baking, remove from oven and scatter seasoning mix over while still hot. Enjoy.