These go down a treat at any party, whether the room is full of kids or grown-ups. They’re perfect for afternoon tea or make a welcome addition to a picnic hamper or lunchbox. They’re also gorgeous as a gift. The cases can be prepared and filled ahead of time, leaving you just the final flourishes to add at the last minute. Courtesy of Sharon Hearne Smith’s No Bake Baking
Teeny White Chocolate, Pistachio & Raspberry TartsAdd to My Cookbook
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 3 tbsp shelled green pistachios
- 100g white chocolate
- 50ml double cream
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod
- 12 fresh raspberries
- Essential kit: 12-hole mini muffin tin 12 mini paper muffin cases
- Line the tin with cases, and line a small tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Blitz the biscuits and 2 tablespoons of the pistachios in a food processor, or seal in a food bag and bash with a rolling pin, until you have fine crumbs and finely crushed nuts. Stir into the melted butter to coat well, and divide evenly between the cases. Press the crumbs firmly into the base and up the sides, cover with cling film and chill for about 1 hour, until set firm.
- About 15 minutes before the cases are ready, prepare the filling. Snap the chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl and add the cream. Either melt in the microwave in 30-second blasts, stirring between each go, or over a pan of simmering water, shallow enough that the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Once melted, stir until smooth and add the vanilla seeds. Leave to cool to body temperature.
- Use the tip of a pointed knife to lift the tarts carefully out of the tin. Gently peel the paper cases away and arrange on the tray. Spoon the filling equally between them and chill for 15 minutes or until the filling is set. These can be prepared a day in advance.
- When ready to serve, arrange on a pretty tiered cake stand. Sit a raspberry, pointy side up in the centre of each one. Roughly chop the remaining tablespoon of pistachios and scatter over.
- For an added twist . . . Substitute the white chocolate with milk or dark. Top with a cherry or strawberry instead of a raspberry.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021