This is such an easy dish to prepare and makes the most of the abundant autumn harvest of pumpkin and veggies like kale and mushrooms.
Thai Pumpkin CurryAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 small pumpkin or butternut squash – peeled and cut into chunks
- 150g fresh kale, de-veined and torn up
- 150g mixed or button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Thai red or yellow curry paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1/2 tin water
- Steamed Thai jasmine rice, lime wedges, fresh coriander and basil, fish sauce
- In a heavy-bottomed pot heat a little oil and fry the curry paste gently for 2 minutes, add the soy and chilli sauces and cook for a further minute, stirring to combine. Pour in the coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pumpkin chunks to the pot and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes, meanwhile cook the rice.
- Pop in the torn up kale and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- To serve: ladle the curry into bowls and sprinkle over the fresh herbs, serve with a bowl of jasmine rice and a good squeeze of lime juice over the curry.