Thai Red Chicken CurryAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 red chilli, de-seeded
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, woody layers removed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 shallots, grated
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 70g petit pois peas
- 50g greenbeans
- Handful of fresh coriander to serve
- Using a food processor or hand blend blitz together chilli, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, shallots and kaffir lime leaves until you have a smooth paste.
- Heat some peanut oil in a pan or wok. Add the paste and cook through for 2 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and green beans. Keep stirring until simmering gently, then add red curry paste, fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- Then add the peas and lime juice.
- Serve in bowls with basmati rice and garnish with coriander leaves, raw red chilli and lime wedges.
- Tip: If you like a spicy curry add another chilli to the paste.