Thumbprint Cookies – Super easy cookies that are fun to make and tasty to eat!
Thumbprint CookiesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 220g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberry or raspberry jam
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan assisted/gas 4 and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar just until it looks creamy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and stir in until you get a soft dough.
- Scoop a bit of dough and gently roll it in your hands to make a small ball about 2½ cm across. Place on the baking sheet. Do this for all the dough. Make sure to leave at least 4 adult-sized fingers between each cookie because they will spread while baking.
- Wet your thumb and press to make a little dip in each cookie.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of jam into each dip.
- Bake cookies until golden brown around the edges, about 13-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on baking trays on wire racks, then enjoy!
- Tip: For something special, while cookies are still warm, sprinkle each cookie with mini white chocolate stars.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021