A delicious recipe from award-winning Thai restaurant Saba .
Tom Yaam Goong – Spicy Prawn SoupAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 16 medium prawns, fresh or frozen
- 1.2 litres chicken stock or water
- 50g galangal, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 5 bird’s eye chillies, crushed
- 1 tsp heaped of chilli paste in oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150g oyster mushroooms, torn
- 10g coriander, to garnish
- Prepare the prawns and remove the shells.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan, add the galangal, lemongrass, shallots, kaffir lime leaves and bird’s eye chillies and let it simmer for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the chilli paste in oil and season with fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. This dish can be made in advance to this stage and kept in the fridge.
- Now add the prawns along with the mushrooms and cook for a minute before serving.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.