A yummy roast chicken dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Traditional Roast Chicken with GravyAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 6 cloves of garlic whole with skins on slightly crushed
- 1 Lemon
- A bunch of thyme
- A bunch of rosemary
- 25g butter
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 350ml chicken stock
- roast root vegetables and new potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Cut the lemon in half and place in the cavity of the chicken along with the bunch of thyme and rosemary and 3 garlic cloves (keep a small bit to the side to season).
- Then rub the butter and olive oil all over the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a roasting tray and scatter the other garlic in the tray.
- Put the chicken in the oven for about 1 hour 30 minutes. Make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- While the chicken is resting start with your gravy, remove garlic pieces, then add flour to the roasting and cook for 1-2 minutes gradually adding chicken stock until it becomes a thick gravy. Make sure to do this on a low heat.
- Serve with roast root vegetables and new potatoes to make a delicious roast dinner.