If you do not use all of the chorizo flavoured oil on the salad, keep it covered in the fridge and use it for frying cooked potatoes or roasting vegetables at a later time. The chilled oil will keep perfectly chilled for several weeks. Taken from Master It: How To Cook Today by Rory O’Connell.
A Salad of Hard Boiled Eggs With Mayonnaise, Harissa & ChorizoAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 eggs, hard boiled for 9 – 10 minutes, cooled and shells removed
- 50g chorizo, casing removed and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hand-fulls rocket leaves or mixed salad leaves, washed and dried
- Olive oil
- 2 -4 teaspoons Harissa
- 1 -2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Before assembling the salad, heat the chorizo very gently in the olive oil. Do not allow the oil to boil as this will toughen the chorizo. The chorizo can rest in the oil for 30 minutes.
- Scatter the leaves on to a large serving platter.
- Cut the peeled hard boiled eggs in half lengthways and place among the leaves. Now place the chorizo slices on the leaves in between the eggs.
- Drizzle a little mayonnaise on to the eggs and then do the same with the mayonnaise.
- Finally drizzle on some of the chorizo flavoured oil and serve immediately.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021