Beef and Oat Lasagne created by Mary Flahavan for Flahavan’s
Beef and Oat LasagneAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g lean minced beef
- 200g Flahavan’s Pinhead
- 200g carrots finely chopped
- 200g onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 200ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (parsley / basil / chives)
- 200g cheddar cheese grated
- Lasagne sheets
- 60g butter
- 60g flour
- 700ml milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the meat and fry until brown.
- Add the pinhead oatmeal and fry for a further 3 - 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the chopped onions, carrots and garlic and cook for approx. 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the herbs and enough beef stock to give a good consistency. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- While this is cooking make your white sauce as follows:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring well.
- Add the milk whisking all the time until sauce thickens.
- Put a layer of meat sauce in a lasagne dish (approx. 32 x 22cm), followed by a layer of lasagne sheets, then white sauce and grated cheese. Repeat this layering process, finishing with white sauce and grated cheese on the top.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 40min. at 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4.
- Serve with garlic bread and green salad.