Beetroot, Feta and Black Bean Burgers – Recipe from Sinead Delahunty’s amazing cookbook Delalicious
Beetroot, Feta and Black Bean BurgersAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 140g walnuts
- 500g cooked beetroot, coarsely grated
- 100g feta, cubed
- 6 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 fistful fresh/frozen mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- Burger buns or pittas
- Salad leaves
- Crème fraiche
- Tomato relish
- Preheat an oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F.
- Place the walnuts in roasting tray and roast for 8 minutes until they begin to crisp. Remove from the oven and roughly chop.
- In a large mixing bowl place the beetroot, scallions, feta and chopped walnuts.
- Gently mash or pulse the black beans with a hand-held blender or food processor.
- Add the black beans and lemon juice to the other ingredients and gently mix together until well combined.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F and line two baking trays with parchment.
- Using damp hands, mould 1 tablespoon of the beetroot mix at a time into burgers of whatever size you like. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Add each burger to the baking trays and gently press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, gently turning the burgers half way through.
- Serve in a toasted burger bun or pitta with some relish, salad leaves, crème fraiche and avocado.