Created by one of Ireland’s Leading Chefs Oliver Dunne (Bon Appetit)
Chestnut Soup With Soft Poached Hens EggsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 200g Pre Packed Cooked Chestnuts (sliced)
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 200 ml Cream
- 2 large Shallots
- 3 Sprigs of Thyme
- 50ml Madeira
- 25g Butter
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 20ml White Wine Vinegar
- In a large pot, add the butter, sliced shallots and thyme and cook on a high heat for 1-2 mins.
- Add the Madeira and reduce until a glaze.
- Then add the sliced cooked chestnuts, stock and cream. Bring to the boil, blend until smooth and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To poach the eggs, stir a large deep pot of boiling water with addition of white wine vinegar. Add the eggs one by one to the centre of the pot and poach for approximately 2.5 mins.
- To serve place one egg into the centre of each bowl and cover with the hot chestnut soup.