Chicken Fajitas make a delicious and versatile meal. Lunch with a group of friends at the weekend or a quick to make mid-week dinner. Kids will love assembling their own for a fun family meal, and will particularly enjoy if made with a smokey BBQ fajita seasoning.
Chicken FajitasAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Juice from 2 limes
- Sea salt flakes
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (30g) packet fajita seasoning
- 8 tortilla wraps
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Grated cheddar
- Sour Cream
- Toss the chicken with the lime juice and a large pinch of salt. Leave to marinade in the fridge.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat with a dash of olive oil. Once hot, add the onion, bell peppers and half of the fajita seasoning. Cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables have softened but still have a bit of a bite. Spoon into a dish, cover with foil and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium high and add another dash of olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken with the remaining fajita seasoning and cook the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked peppers and onion back into the pan, toss to mix and cook for about a minute, just to heat the vegetables.
- Remove from the pan, strew with chopped coriander then serve with warmed tortilla wraps and other fajita favourites like cheddar, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.