A simple easy to prepare dish, perfect for when you are in a rush.
Pesto SpaghettiAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 500g spaghetti (plain or wholewheat)
- A big bunch of basil
- 6 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 60g pine nuts (lightly toasted) and some kept aside for serving
- 55g Parmesan, grated
- cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan on a medium heat for approximately 4 minutes ensuring to keep turning the nuts so they do not burn.
- Place basil (keeping some aside for serving) olive oil, garlic, toasted pine nuts (keeping some aside for serving), Parmesan and lemon juice. Using a food processor or a hand blender blitz the ingredients until you have a smooth paste.
- Drain the pasta and toss through the pesto. Then add extra toasted pine nuts. Divide into bowls. Grate over some Parmesan and garnish with a basil leave.