Sea bass with ginger, chilli & spring onions
Sea bass with ginger, chilli & spring onionsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermed..
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 x sea bass fillets, about 140g/5oz each, leave the skin on but do descale
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 large knob of ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh red chillies deseeded and thinly shredded
- 1 bunch spring onion, shredded long-ways
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 lime for garnish
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, then slash the skin with a sharp knife 3 to 4 times depending on the length of the fish.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil. Once hot, fry the fish, skin-side down, for 5 mins or until the skin is very crisp and golden. The fish will be almost cooked through.
- Turn the fish over, cook for another 30 secs-1 min, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. You may need to fry the fish in 2 batches or use two pans.
- Heat the remaining oil, then fry the ginger, garlic and chillies for about 2 mins until golden.
- Take off the heat and toss in the spring onions. Splash the fish with a little soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan. Cut the lime into six wedges and serve on side.
- Serve with your rice or noodles.