A healthy and tasty soup that all will enjoy.
Watercress SoupAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful watercress, washed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 70ml single cream
- salt & pepper
- parsley, to garnish
- Melt the butter and oil in a saucepan and saute the onion and garlic.
- Roughly chop the watercress and add to the saucepan and cover for 2 minutes. Then stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. This creates a rue.
- Add the stock slowing and continuing to stir. Bring to the boil gently.
- Remove from the heat and blitz with a food processor or hand blender until you get a smooth texture.
- Add most of the cream and season with salt and pepper. Gently reheat the soup. Divide into soup bowls.
- Swirl with a dash of cream and garnish with parsley or some of the watercress.